Monday 8 December 2014

Lady Gaga Reveals That She was 'raped' as a Teenager

Lady Gaga has said that she was "raped" as a teenager. The singer, who was appearing on Howard Stern's radio show in America, made the claim after being asked the about the meaning of her song Swine.
"I went through some horrific things," she said. "I'm able to laugh now. I've gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy and emotional therapy to heal over the years. I was a shell of my former self at one point... To be fair, I was about 19." The revelation came after Howard Stern suggested Lady Gaga had been abused. "Were you raped?" he asked. "Was that what happened to you? […] I feel like you were raped by someone."
The 28-year-old said: "I went to Catholic school and then all this crazy stuff happened, and I was going, 'Oh, is this just the way adults are?' I was very naive. "It happens every day and it's really scary, and it's sad. It didn't affect me as much as it did about four or five years later." I was so traumatised by it that I was like, 'Keep going' because I just had to get out of there. "I wasn't even willing to admit that anything even happened. I don't want to be defined by it."
Lady Gaga also said that she never confronted the person who allegedly abused her. "I think it would terrify me. It would paralyse me. I saw him one time in a store and I was so paralysed by fear. It wasn't until I was a little bit older that I went, 'Wow, that was really messed up.'
"You were 20 years older than me. I was a kid. It took me a long time to feel strong about it. I didn't tell anybody, I didn't even tell myself for the longest time."

No comments:

Post a Comment